Long winded people are time wasters in business. There are ways to deal with those "talkers"
A) On Phone
- Call talkers when are in a hurry
- Pretend to be interrupted
- Call screening and reply by email, fax and voice mail
B) In person
- Remain standing so that talker feels uncomfortable to take long
- Stand up when finished the conversation
- Continue your discussion while walking and doing the works
C) Drop-in Visitors
- Close the door to avoid interruptions
- Post a “Do Not Disturb" sign.
- Suggest another time and place to talk
Besides, use your body language, be blunt to make your point and monitor yourself.